Whats this? Oh, just an award winning cake. We went to the AirBP company picnic while I was interning there this summer. There was a salad competition and a cake competition. I brought in a ringer. Steph invented a tropical cake to go with the luau theme: Tropical Trifecta - mango filled coconut cake with a pineapple glaze. And somewhere in there she hid some coconut mouse...
Steph entered the Crack Salad for the salad portion (grilled veggies, crack sauce, ground taco meat, etc.). She was thrilled to sweep both trophies. We might put them up in the kitchen. Hey, they're small.
She developed quite a reputation at work. To say thanks at the end of the summer Steph made six cakes that got inhaled by my coworkers with amazing haste.
Sophie competed in the kids "pie" eating contest. It was basically a bowl full of whipped cream. Soph was way out matched, some of the kids were like 13 years old. But she just wouldn't quit. She finally got pulled off the bowl once she had eaten every bite... several minutes after everyone else had left the table. The whole audience was endeared, I think, by her tenacity. She was going to finish that bowl no mater what. Or she just really liked eating the whipped cream.
I competed in the adult pie eating contest. I had planned my whole day around this event, so I was a little bummed to come in third. But there was some serious competition. The worst part was the pie was a pineapple pie. It was pretty much the worst pie I've ever had. I think my stomach is about to explode in this picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment